Saturday 3 January 2009

Nimm mich mit (Take me with you) by 2raumwohnung (2bedroomapartment) (Germany)

Germany, German, Songs, Lyrics, translated into English, Music
Nimm mich mit (Take me with you) by 2raumwohnung (2bedroomapartment) (Germany)
Translation: Alrun

Es regnet nicht nur in der Regenzeit,
It rains not only during the rainy season
es schüttet aus Kübeln nur so runter.
Its just bucketing down
Wie stellst du dir das Wetter vor in Caracas,
How do you imagine weather in Caracas?
das Leben in den Tropen ist viel bunter!
Life in the tropes is much more colourful
Du, sagst du, ich bin kein Mann für eine Nacht,
You, you say, I’m not a man for just one night,
ich muss nur immer irre viel verreisen.
I just have to travel all the time
Heut hab ich mal drüber nachgedacht, deine Chance ist da, ich kann es dir beweisen.
Today I thought about this, your chance has come I can prove it to you.

Nimm mich mit, nimm mich mit, nimm mich mit, Tommyboy
Take me with you, take me with you, take me with you, Tommyboy
auf das Abenteuer Liebe und so weiter!
On the adventure of love and so on!
Ich kann’s sehn, es wird gehen,
I can see it, it will work
es wird doppelt-dreifach-schön
It will be double-triple good.
mit dir als mein Begleiter!
With you as my companion.

Ich mal mir alle unsere Möglichkeiten aus:
I imagine all our chances/possibilities:
Nordpol, Südpol, Großstadt oder Strand...
North pole, south pole, metropole, or beach...
am Strand der ganze Sand...
At the beach all the sand...
vielleicht lieber doch aufs Land...
Perhaps better to the countryside...
bin jedenfalls schon so gespannt.
Well, I’m so excited anyway.
Mein Hund sieht inzwischen ganz traurig aus,
My dog looks so sad in the meantime,
immer nur drinnen, nie raus aus’m Haus,
Alway inside never out of the house,
immer nur warten, dass das Telefon geht,
Always waiting for the telephone to ring
und einen auf ne Reise in die Welt einlädt.
And to invite one for a journey round the globe.

Nimm mich mit, nimm mich mit, nimm mich mit, Tommyboy
Take me with you, take me with you, take me with you, Tommyboy
auf das Abenteuer Liebe und so weiter!
On the adventure of love and so on!
Ich kann’s sehn, es wird gehen, es wird doppelt-dreifach-schön
I can see it, it will work It will be double-triple good.
mit dir, du bist mein Begleiter!
With you, you are my companion.
(2x)

**************************************************************************************