Tuesday 16 December 2008

Nur ein wort (Just a word) by Wir sind Helden (We are heros) (Germany)

Germany, German, Songs, Lyrics, translated into English, Music
Nur ein wort (Just a word) by Wir sind Helden (We are heros) (Germany)
Translation: Alrun

Ich sehe, dass du denkst
I see that you are thinking
Ich denke, dass du fühlst
I think that you are feeling
Ich fühle, dass du willst
I feel that you want
Aber ich hör dich nicht, ich
But I don’t hear you, I

Hab mir ein Wörterbuch geliehen
Have borrowed me a dictionary
Dir A bis Z ins Ohr geschrien
And shouted A to Z into your ear
Ich stapel tausend wirre Worte auf
I’m piling thousands of mazy words
Die dich am Ärmel ziehen
That are tearing (at?) your sleeve

Und wo du hingehen willst
And where (ever) you want to go
Ich häng an deinen Beinen
I’m hanging at your legs
Wenn du schon auf den Mund fallen musst
If you have to fall on the mouth**
Warum dann nicht auf meinen
Then why not on mine?

Refrain
Oh bitte gib mir nur ein Oh
Oh please give me just a Oh
Bitte gib mir nur ein Oh
Bitte gib mir nur ein
Bitte bitte gib mir nur ein Oh
Bitte gib mir nur ein Oh
Bitte gib mir nur ein Oh
Bitte gib mir nur ein
Bitte bitte gib mir nur ein Wort
Please give me just a word.

Es ist verrückt, wie schön du schweigst
It is crazy how beatiful you are silent.
Wie du dein hübsches Köpfchen neigst
How you bend your pretty head
Und so der ganzen lauten Welt und mir
And by this the whole loud world and me
Die kalte Schulter zeigst
Give the cold shoulder.

Dein Schweigen ist dein Zelt
Your silence is a tent
Du stellst es mitten in die Welt
You put it in the middle of the world
Spannst die Schnüre und staunst
You strech the laces and you’re voiceless (or mutely?)
Stumm wenn
astonished when
Nachts ein Mädchen drüber fällt
A girl falls over them at night.

Zu deinen Füssen red ich mich um Kopf und Kragen
At your feet I am risking my neck with careless talk. ***
Ich will in deine tiefen Wasser große Wellen schlagen
I want to stir big waves in your deep waters.

Refrain

In meinem Blut werfen die Endorphine Blasen
The endorphins in my blood are blistering
Wenn hinter deinen stillen Hasenaugen die Gedanken rasen
f behind your quiet eyes the thoughts are running.

Refrain

**this is a german saying meaning you can’t talk. (Either because you’re too dull or too shy.)
***also a german saying. The word by word translation should be: At your feet I am talking my head and my collar of.

*************************************************************************************

No comments: