Friday 20 February 2009

Haus am See (House by the lake) by Peter Fox (Germany)

Germany, German, Songs, Lyrics, translated into English, Music
Haus am See (House by the lake) by Peter Fox (Germany)
Translation: André

Hier bin ich gebor'n und laufe durch die Straßen!
Here I am born and walk along the streets!
Kenn die Gesichter, jedes Haus und jeden Laden!
Know the faces, every house and every shop!
Ich muss mal weg, kenn jede Taube hier beim Namen.
I should leave for a while, know each dove with its name here...
Daumen raus ich warte auf 'ne schicke Frau mit schnellem Wagen.
Thumb a lift, I wait for a dressy woman with a fast car.
Die Sonne blendet alles fliegt vorbei.
Sun glares, everything flies by.
Und die Welt hinter mir wird langsam klein.
The world behind me shrinks slowly.
Doch die Welt vor mir ist für mich gemacht!
But the world in front of me is made just right for me!
Ich weiß sie wartet und ich hol sie ab!
I know she is waiting and I'll pick her up!
Ich hab den Tag auf meiner Seite ich hab Rückenwind!
The day is on my side, I got following wind.
Ein Frauenchor am Straßenrand der für mich singt!
A woman's choir at the street singing for me...
Ich lehne mich zurück und guck ins tiefe Blau,
I lean back and stare into deep blue...
schließ die Augen und lauf einfach gradeaus.
close my eyes and start walking straight ahead...

Refrain 1
Und am Ende der Strasse steht ein Haus am See.
And at the end of the street there's a house by the lake
Orangenbaumblätter liegen auf dem Weg.
Orange tree leaves are on the way
Ich hab 20 Kinder meine Frau ist schön.
I have 20 children and my wife is beautiful.
Alle kommen vorbei ich brauch nie rauszugehen.
Everybody gets by and I never need to go out.

(Das Haus am See... Das Haus am See)
The house by the lake... The house by the lake

Ich suche neues Land
I am looking for new land
Mit unbekannten Strassen, fremden Gesichtern und keiner kennt meinen Namen!
with unknown streets, unknown faces and nobody'S knowing my name!
Alles gewinnen beim Spiel mit gezinkten Karten.
Win everything with gaming with marked cards...
Alles verlieren, Gott hat einen harten linken Haken.
Lose everything, God's got a strong punch from the left
Ich grabe Schätze aus im Schnee und Sand.
I dig treasures out of snow and sand
Und Frauen rauben mir jeden Verstand!
And women drive me totally crazy.
Doch irgendwann werd ich vom Glück verfolgt.
But anytime I'll be dogged by good luck.
Und komm zurück mit beiden Taschen voll Gold.
and come back, lousy with cash
Ich lad' die alten Vögel und Verwandten ein.
I invite all the old buddies and relatives.
Und alle fang'n vor Freude an zu weinen.
and everybody cries tears of joy
Wir grillen, die Mamas kochen und wir saufen Schnaps.
We barbecue, the mamas cook and we booze
Und feiern eine Woche jede Nacht.
and party all night for a week.


Und der Mond scheint hell auf mein Haus am See.
And the moon shines bright on my house by the lake.
Organgenbaumblätter liegen auf dem Weg.
Orange tree leaves are on the way.
Ich hab 20 Kinder meine Frau ist schön.
I have 20 children and my wife is beautiful.
Alle kommen vorbei ich brauch nie rauszugehen.
Everybody gets by and I never need to go out.

(Das Haus am See... Das Haus am See)
The house by the lake... The house by the lake

Refrain 1

Hier bin ich gebor'n, hier werd ich begraben.
Here I am born, here I'll be buried.
Hab taube Ohr'n, nen weißen Bart und sitz im Garten.
Have deaf ears, a white beard and am sitting in the garden
Meine 100 Enkel spielen Cricket auf'm Rasen.
My 100 grandchildren play cricket on the grass.
Wenn ich so daran denke kann ich's eigentlich kaum erwarten.
When I'm thinking these things... - actually I hardly can wait for it.

**************************************************************************************

No comments: